Tuesday, September 22, 2009

2 weeks out...time for reality to start!

Ahhh...I'm finally 2 weeks out of surgery! I can't believe it's only been 2 weeks. It seriously feels like years ago! Maybe it's from all of the changes I've made. It's amazing how being in control of my weight/eating habits, has translated into my home life. Don't get me wrong...my house is not spotless. BUT, those of you who knew me before surgery know house cleaning was not my forte! Now I'm not scared of a "drop-in" guest (even though it's still my pet peeve!). It's a very odd side effect, but I'm not complaining!

Ok ok ok...now to what everyone wants to know. Tuesdays are my "official" weigh in day. As of today, I've lost 28 pounds! For those of you that are counting...that's 15 pounds since surgery! Woohoo!! It's such a high to weigh and see the scales going lower and lower! I can't tell I've lost weight yet, except in my t-shirts. Every fat girl knows what I'm talking about when I say that I had to "stretch out" all of my shirts before I put them on. I don't have to anymore! The t-shirts hang on me, the same as before, but without me having to stretch them out! I'm sure it seems like a small deal, but it really does save a little time in the morning! hahaha!

On a blah note...I'M STARVING!! The swelling has apparently gone out of my pouch and my stoma, making them both bigger; therefore, the pouch holds more, and the stoma lets more food go through faster. So...regardless of why, I'm hungry! I'm still on my full liquid diet....and my love of tomato soup is fading rapidly!

I must confess...I cheated a few nights ago. I know, I know...I shouldn't have! Here's what happened: it was about 3 am (I got my days and nights mixed up for a few days), and I was starving, bored, sleepy, etc...all I could do was think about food! So I went on a food hunt in my kitchen. The ONLY thing I had that was not on my diet were green olives. Seriously...green olives. Sooo...I ate one. I chewed it to a pulp...for a good minute before I swallowed. Man was it good!! The first one went down so well, I went for a second one. Then I got mad at myself and ended up throwing the whole jar off the back deck (thanks to a little persuasion by AK).

Work starts back tomorrow. I'm on light duty, which means no lifting/turning/pulling patients. I guess I will make the "Save your Back" committee at work happy!! I'm a little nervous about going back...I'm always nervous about work when I haven't been in awhile! But it will be good to get out of the house and to get back on a regular schedule!! I promise to keep you all updated!

Thanks for everything! A special thanks to mom for taking such good care of me while I was staying with her and dad. She's a great nurse and an even better mom. She seems to make everything better when I'm feeling down. I hope to be able to do the same for her someday!

Love to all, Molly

4 comments:

  1. WTG Molly...keep up the great work! Can't wait to see you!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your 1st day back was good. I am thinking of you!!!

    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing GREAT!! Keep it up! So proud of you!
    Da Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to have you back at work. I've really missed you. You look fabulous!!!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete