Wednesday, August 26, 2009

1 week down...2 to go!

Hey everyone! I wanted to check in and let everyone know how my diet is going. I had been on the 3-week diet for 1 week yesterday (Tuesday), so I decided to weigh. I was super excited to see what progress I had made, so first thing Tuesday morning, I dragged the scales out of its hiding place, and stepped on. Imagine my surprise when I saw I was 13.4 pounds lighter!! In one week! I actually stepped off and got back on the scales, thinking they were wrong. The most I've ever lost in a week is right at 8 pounds (on Weight Watchers). Seeing this much of a loss has given me new motivation and drive to push through the tough days. I know the weight loss will be less each week as my body adjusts, but this was exactly what I needed to make it through the next 2 weeks!

Today, mom and I went to the bariatric nutrition class held by my nutritionist, Amber. She's awesome! Very down to earth and realistic of the dramas of dieting. There were about 8 people in my class, plus a few support people. She gave each of us a bag with chewable vitamin samples and some extra protein shake samples...yum! I was the youngest person in the class, and probably one of the smaller ones. Imagine that! All of these people are in different stages of the process, but most have surgery dates for Sept 1 and Sept 15. It was nice meeting people going through the same thing as me...it made me feel somewhat normal for how I've been feeling the last week because they were all going through the same emotions! During the class, Amber taught us how to eat after surgery in order to let the band and our stomach heal. Thank goodness Mom was there to ask questions I hadn't thought of! Good news...I will still be able to chew gum after surgery!! I'll give more detailed updates on eating after the lap-band as I'm doing it.

Thursday night will be the first support group I've been to. Post-op lap band patients meet for 30 minutes before the group, while the bypass patients meet after the meeting. I'm excited to meet other post- and pre-op patients!

Hope everyone is doing well! Thanks for keeping up with my blog and supporting me!

Love, Molly

1 comment:

  1. Mol!
    That's so awesome! You're rockin' it babe. SO proud of you. SO SO proud! I'll call tonight, post 7:30pm, btw. Have the best day.
    I love you- Leah

    ReplyDelete