Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tis the season....


Hey everyone! Once again, I feel obligated to begin this post with an apology for being so lax in posting! So...sorry!! I've been super busy these past few weeks. As many of you may know, I've been interviewing for CRNA school. 2 interviews this past week, with my last one being today at Baptist. Thanks for all of your prayers and well wishes! I feel like today's interview went very well, and I'm keeping my fingers (and toes, for that matter) crossed that I get into the Baptist program!

So onto my weight loss. As of this morning, I have lost 57 pounds! Woohoo!! Each time I step on the scales, I'm so excited to see what the total weight loss will be! I can't wait to step on and see a 1 as the first number....I'm definitely closer than I was 3 months ago.

I'm doing fairly well with my eating, although I've had a few days here and there where things wouldn't go down. I contacted Amber, the dietician, and she said that three things can alter my band tightness: weather, stress, and my menstrual cycle (sorry guys...I just tell you what I know). So, basically, I'm a walking barometer now! Wanna know if it's gonna rain?? Just ask how my foods are going down! Ha! Just call me Lanie Pope! Anyway...I'm trying to focus on my proteins and days I can't eat as well, I just opt for protein shakes...yummy!

Another good goal I've set for myself is to attempt a 5K sometime this spring. I'm working on a program called "Couch to 5K Plan", which takes you from a couch potato to a runner. Seriously...a runner. Crazy, huh?? I'm actually enjoying the tortue, though! It's nice to be able to do something, even just in 1 minute intervals, that I've NEVER been able to do. Plus, it keeps me on track with going to the gym.

I hope everyone has their Christmas shopping done and is not getting overwhelmed with the holidays! While you're fighting traffic at the mall, dealing with annoying and overworked cashiers, and spending all of your hard-earned money, keep in mind the TRUE reason for this holiday. Thanks be to God....for without Him, we have nothing!!

Love to all,
Molly

3 comments:

  1. Tis the season! LOVE the wallpaper and Christmas decor. So proud of you and your running endeavors. WOW!
    Love ya, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!I LOVE the new look of the blog; with all that work we won't see another post until February! SO SO SO proud of you- maybe we can join up for a 5k sometime since baby news haulted my first one. Can't wait to spend time with you at Christmas! Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing great! Glad to see an update.
    Also, one more reason to leave your aunt flo off the Christmas card list!

    ReplyDelete